and finding the motivation & balance to get me there

Monday 18 October 2010

pretty excited...

Pretty excited here, think I've finally got some of my mojo back. Some of the old light is shining again. Don't know how it happened, don't know how the switch was flicked but whatever and however it happened i'm pretty excited that it did!

So after moping about for a week (and previous to that much more moping had already been done for quite some time) after my good friend and her family left last week (after a wonderful 8 days visiting us here in munich - oh it was so good to have some company from home) and having eaten my way through a small mountain of chocolate to dull out the pain of missing them (ummm, yes it really was a small mountain) I've finally got myself back on track. Started this morning with some exercise - only a little, but it's a good start right? Any is better than none? Yes sireeee it is!

So i'm thinking if I  write  about it, it could be good motivation for me to continue on with it, as I really, and I mean R E A L L Y  need to shed a few kilos before we come home to Oz at Christmas. I'm back up to around 86 kilos - ugh!!  My motivation usually wanes after a few weeks, but this time I'm hoping to keep it topped up. I HAVE to fit into my summer clothes when we go home - plus I need to lose some weight before I fly - it absolutely kills me to fly - 24 hours on a plane - I hate it with a passion.

This morning, after having a little look through some of my favourite blogs - which is my source of inspiration, I headed downstairs. Put on some music, did some stretching and hopped on the cross trainer for about 10 mins (after I had dusted it off and removed any pieces of Lego what would impede its use). Mental note to self: must read up on heart rate - not too sure that mine was in a good range (mine was more into the ''ohmygoodness that is a little on the high side, isn't it'' range).

Then hopped onto the rowing machine (yes, again after giving it a good dust off and removing any Bioncles/ Star Wars lego bases that had been built around it) for 5 mins. Back onto the cross trainer for 5 min warm down and then some more stretching - incorporating some inner thigh exercises that I pulled out of the memory bank from about a million years ago when I used to be much, much more fit and healthy, some lovely yoga stretches (oh boy that feels good), managed to do the Plank (or is it called The Bridge now?) for a total of 40 seconds, which I thought was pretty good for someone who had almost forgot how to do them, and some girly push ups. Oh and some squats. Only did one rep of about 15 for most, but will increase as the days and weeks roll on. But as I said I'm pretty happy with just being able to do what I did and I'm happy with that - tis a huge start! Yay to me!!

Oh and as for diet, it's now after midday and as yet no chocolate! Hey, it's a great start.


 pretty happy with myself for just getting on with it and 'just do it' (as they say)! 

Alison






this is the type of motivation I need! pic from here

No comments:

Post a Comment